Our patented anti-bacterial Birdy Bootie protective shoe is designed to provide superior coverage and cushioning for birds with injured feet or bumblefoot (a staph infection on the foot pad or toe.)
Our Birdy Bootie is made of high quality materials and with a superior design:
- X-Static® eliminates 99.9% of bacteria on the material in less than one hour of exposure.
- The silver in X-Static® kills bacteria and fungi faster as the temperature in the bootie rises due to activity.
- X-Static® is made with pure silver, a naturally occurring element. There are no chemicals or fear of toxicity to your bird.
- The silver in X-Static® becomes a physical part of the fiber. The performance of the product will not diminish over time.
- X-Static® offers antimicrobial and antifungal benefits.
- In warm weather, X-Static® addresses evaporation by dissipating the amount of moisture in contact with your bird’s foot.
Fits all standard-sized breeds.
Please note: One of the ways birds stay cool is by dissipating heat from their feet (which is why you may find your chickens standing in puddles of water or in their water bowls on hot summer days). We do NOT recommend the use of the Birdy Bootie on birds housed outside in extreme heat.
The Birdy Booties are hand-made to order in the USA (takes 5 - 7 business days to make).
Posted by Karyn on 1st Apr 2017
I have a duck that has been battling bumble-foot and osteomyelitis since November. She has been through various antibiotics, a few "surgeries", many soaking baths, and many foot wraps. She has only been wearing her booties for a couple of days and already I see great improvement. The booties seem to be making walking more comfortable for her and her limp is vastly improved. She doesn't peck at them at all, whereas sometimes she would try to remove her wraps. The booties are well made and easy to put on. I ordered a pair in an effort to keep her walking balanced. This is a great product and worth every penny.